Looking for places to take a date? Or something to occupy the kids this weekend? There are some really exciting places to go enjoy Fall activities this year! Here are just a few ideas :
A great place to go with kids or without is the Apple Festival in Lincoln Square October 3rd, 2015. There is a kid zone for activities and crafts, local musicians, and local vendors selling every kind of apple you can imagine!
Gospel Brunch at House of Blues Sundays Oct 4-Dec 27, 2015 – Southern buffet and joyful singing will start your week off right! Click the photo for more info!
Beer Tasting in the Garden – October 8, 2015 6-8pm at Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe
Pumpkin Festival – Highwood October 9-11 2015 – parade, pet costumes, a 5K, hayrides, pumpkin carving- something for everyone!
Boo at the Zoo – October 17-18 and 24-25 at Brookfield zoo
Info from their site:
- Can you find your way out of the “Craized Maize” corn maze?
- Cheer for the pumpkin or cheer on the “Pumpkin Smasher”
- Take a spin on the “Creepy Carousel” *
- Watch professional pumpkin carver create giant jack-o’-lanterns
- Hop on the “Haunted Hayride” and go behind the scenes for a hauntingly good time *
- At 1:00 p.m. the popular Costume Parade commences on the North Mall, goes around Roosevelt Fountain and concludes on the West Mall.
- Participate in the Costume Showcase at 1:30 p.m. Prizes for best animal theme, scariest, most original and best group.
- Build a scarecrow at the Hamill Family Play Zoo *
- Great photo ops at several pumpkin patches
- Watch animals enjoy their very own pumpkins
Apple Picking at County Line Orchard – They feature a kids farm with animals, do it yourself apple picking, a maze and more! Season ends November 1st and until then you can pick daily 9-5pm!